At New Leaf, we see our new patients for the first time over a two-day process. Dr. Baker wants to be extremely thorough.
Your first visit will take 60-90 minutes and will include:
- A sit-down consultation with Dr. Baker to connect with you and listen to your concerns, needs, and aspirations for your health. We ask that you provide information about improving your life and the experiences that have contributed to where you are at this moment.
- A surface/noninvasive EMG, or nerve scan, will give us a look inside your body and see how you function and what your stress level is.
- A thorough orthopedic and neurological exam will be done to assess your posture, movements, and limitations you may have. Plan to spend about 60 minutes to allow ample time for us to be thorough and connect with you.
- We can do phone consultations with mothers to discuss your child’s health. This will save time when you come in for the second day to do the adjustment.
Dr. Baker will review your information, findings, and scan to determine if you are a good candidate for chiropractic.
Your second visit will take 30-45 minutes and will include:
- A comprehensive review of your nerve scan findings and an opportunity to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your care and/or results.
- A discussion of the number of visits recommended for your corrective care plan.
- A review of your payment options and time for you to decide if you want to proceed with the plan.
- Your FIRST adjustment and the beginning of turning over your New Leaf towards optimal wellness.
Laying the Foundation for Total Health
Chiropractic care is like building a house - certain things have to happen in a particular order in order for everything to stand strong and work correctly. When building a house, if you tried to put up your walls before you had a solid foundation, your walls would be weak and eventually collapse. If you tried to put on your roof before the walls were ready, you would run into the same problem. The same is true for your body. Your body has to go through a particular plan of care in order to repair itself correctly and fully. There are three general phases of chiropractic care:
Phase 1: Relief Care
If you are in pain when you come into our office, the first objective is to help you feel better. Depending on the severity of your problem, it is typical to need care two to three times per week for four to 12 weeks.
Phase 2: Corrective/Restorative Care
During the corrective care phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury. It is typical to need care four to eight times per month for six to 24 months, depending on your overall health and the severity of your problem.
Phase 3: Wellness Care
Once your body has fully healed, it is important to come in for periodic adjustments to avoid problems in the future. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the chiropractor one to four times per month, based on your lifestyle and goals.